A woman was seriously injured after being shot in the face at a mobile home in Greenville on Christmas.
An incident report from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting occurred about 3:40 a.m. at 1410 Rick Circle near the Vandemere Mobile Home Park.
A release from the department said that the 29-year-old victim was found wounded and transported to Vidant Medical Center where she was airlifted to UNC Hospital. She was treated and released later that afternoon.
The victim was not a resident of the home.
The incident is under investigation, the release said. Anyone with information is urged to call the sheriff’s office’s major crimes unit at 902-2670 or Pitt-Greenville CrimeStoppers at 758-7777.
The sheriff’s office in other cases released reports with the following details and allegations:
- 200 block Filmore Court, Greenville, 9:43 a.m. Dec. 22: cell phones valued at $1,400 stolen from residence; case active.
- 1100 block Fairbanks Court, Greenville, 9 a.m., Dec. 20- noon Dec. 21: wig valued at $20 stolen from residence; case active.
- 3100 block Old River Road, Greenville, 7:35 p.m. Dec. 22: armed robbery with handgun reported at residence; case active.
- 4100 block N.C. 222, Fountain, 2:30 a.m. Dec. 23-11:11 a.m. Dec. 23: credit card stolen from vehicle; case active.
- 200 block River Road Estates Road, Greenville, 7:42 p.m. Dec. 23: handgun valued…