With more and more people turning to the internet to find jobs, it is crucial to be aware of unscrupulous parties who are only out to get your personal information and money.
Here are some of the most common job scams that exist today.
1. Work-from-home scams
Generating income from home has always been appealing, and scammers know this. That’s why one of the most common scams are ads that promise great pay in exchange for work from home.
These seek to take your money through various means, such as by making you pay fees for enrolment, training, or useless certifications. Examples include:
- Stuffing envelopes, which involves signing up by paying a fee to stuff envelopes from home. The only commission you ever receive, however, is by signing others up to pay the non-refundable registration fee.
- Reselling merchandise, which involves buying luxury products for less than their retail price and reselling them at a higher price.
- Data entry scams that, unlike legitimate data entry jobs, promise great pay but require an upfront registration or training fee.
- Reshipping, which consists of receiving packages at home, getting rid of the original receipts, repackaging the products, and reshipping them. However, the “employer” never sends you a paycheck.
- Rebate processing, a job that promises high income for processing rebates from home for a…